Saturday 22 February 2014

Restaurant Review: Bloke & 4th


     From January 31st, until February 13th Winterlicious went down in Toronto. If you don't know, Winterlicious is where over 200 restaurants create a prix-fixe menu. Its a really good deal, as you can get 3 course lunches for $15-25 dollars and dinners for $25-45. I normally aim to try one or two restaurants I have never been to before. This year I tried, "Bloke & 4th" on King West. I went with four of my girlfriends and overall it was delicious!

     To start, I had the maple bacon dates & crispy halloumi with onion preserve & pomegranate molasses. This was great and because it was tapas-style. My only complaint was that there wasn't more! My main was pork braised beef short ribs with root vegetable mash, bacon & cippolini onions. I thought this was pretty good, but nothing to write home about. The dessert was bourbon chocolate & caramel pie. This was really good, but for some reason I wanted something on it. (Ice cream maybe? I dunno..) I didn't have any trouble finishing it though. The service was kind of slow, but our server told us he was new. It wasn't really a problem though, because we weren't in any rush.

          
     The look of the restaurant was very hip and it was filled with a younger crowd. At 10, they stopped serving food and it turned into a club. However, it was not the kind of music my friends and I normally like to dance to (We don't like beats and clubby music) So, we left and made our way to a more casual bar. 

     Overall, I enjoyed this restaurant, but Im not sure I would go there and pay the normal prices. It was good, but not that good! That's what Winterlicious is about, trying new places to see which ones are really worth going to, without the deal. 

      



No comments:

Post a Comment